Going green has become a popular and beneficial environmental trend over the last couple of years. While becoming more and more popular, it has also inherited the belief that going green means spending more money. This doesn’t necessarily have to be the case. One can live in an efficient home with small changes in everyday habits without sacrificing a great deal of time or (more importantly) money. Unfortunately, many don’t know where to start.
Well, now we are here to help. Here are a 15 inexpensive ways to go green. Follow these tips for a more efficient and green home:
- Turn the heat off when you aren’t home.
- Turn your computer all the way off. Sleep mode doesn’t count.
- Clean the coils on your refrigerator.
- Carpool or use public transportation. Subway anyone?
- Buy a hybrid car.
- Support other green businesses.
- Use the ashes from you fireplace in a compost pile. Mother Nature will thank you.
- Save the paper and subscribe to your favorite newspapers and magazines using a tablet or laptop.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Use reusable napkins.
- Use all natural household cleaners.
- Eat sustainably raised meat.
- Upgrade your insulation.
- Leave your shoes at the door. (Don’t track in dirt)
- Microwave glass, not plastic